Prior to the 2014 European elections the FIA Region I developed 6 mobility priorities which, according to the organisation, belonged in the spotlight of MEPs' re-election campaigns and platforms. As part of the campaign mobility users called on MEPs to:
• Work towards improving vehicle connectinvity in the future, while fully respecting motorists’ freedom of choice and ensuring the existance of an open and competitive aftermarket for connected services.
• Create the right conditions for the wider deployment of cleaner vehicle technologies and fostering user awareness via dedicated European projects.
• Offer life-long learning opportunities for all road users, with specific focus on vulnerable groups.
• Concentrate efforts on raising the awareness of end users about road safety.
• Ensure that motoring remains affordable via liberalised aftermarket for visible spare parts and stricter control over odometer tampering.
• Invest European funds and earmark taxation revenue in proper road infrastructure maintenance in order to safeguard European growth and good road safety record.
More information could be found on the campaign's official website: http://mobility2014.eu/
Watch FIA Region I Director General, Jacob Bangsgaard, introducing Mobility 2014