ACR - Automobil Clubul Roman
Automobil Clubul Român is a national association with the Head Office in Bucharest, 40 subsidiaries and more than 80 local agencies and technical assistance centres on Romanian territory, and 900 employees nation wide. ACR has around 300.000 members and its primary activity is to provide different kinds of assistance to its members and foreign clubs' members.
1. We will organize 100 traffic road education laboratories for 100 schools in Romania by the end of 2007.
We will involve 15000 pupils in schools, between the ages 6 and 14 years, by introducing a 1 hour program per week teaching them about road safety.
2. We will continue to organize, on a national level, the yearly contest "Road Traffic Education, Education for life", with 5 stages. Around 30.000 pupils aged between 6 and 14 years are involved in this contest, which includes bycicle theory and practice.
3. We will launch the national campaign of children´s safety in the car during the second half of 2007, along with FIA Foundation. We will promote car safety equipment , such as the child restrain systems, to ensure their safety in case of an accident.
The campaign will be developed nation wide, and will be promoted mainly with 200.000 brochures and posters.
4. We will contribute to increase the road traffic civilization, and ensure the help and communication between drivers for road safety purposes. We will produce 250.000 leaflets, 100.000 stickers, 10.000 posters and 3 short movies.
The messages will be :
- Drivers should help each other when in danger.
- Drivers should avoid any danger related to traffic.