Vacancy: Projects Coordinator
Publication date: 25 May 2009
The FIA European Bureau is looking for a Projects Coordinator to coordinate its projects portfolio reporting to the Director General.
Tasks will include:
- Managing consortia of partners and delivering project outputs;
- Organisation of meetings and events and drafting minutes;
- Contributing to awareness raising strategies;
- Dissemination of project outcomes;
- Website development;
- Drafting press releases;
- Coordinate contractual matters, financial management and reporting along EU rules or rules agreed between the automobile clubs;
- Academic education preferably in communication;
- Experience in project management, preferably with EU funded projects;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Perfect command of written and spoken English; other languages a strong asset.
- Team player and ability to work independently; strong organisational skills.
- IT skills: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, website development.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to Wil Botman, director general, until 11 June 2009 to: w.botman (at) fiabrussels.com
The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile is a worldwide federation of Motoring and Touring Clubs, bringing together some 150 organisations in five continents. In the EU, the FIA represents more than 34 million motoring consumers and is represented by the European Bureau. Much of our work concentrates on defending and promoting the interests of the members of the national motoring associations and maximising the societal benefits of motoring for all. With these aims in mind our work focuses on Road Safety, Consumer Protection, Environmental Protection, and the promotion of Sustainable Motoring.
The FIA European Bureau engages in consumer research projects together with the national automobile clubs, on safety related features of motoring infrastructure and services.
The FIA European Bureau also participates and coordinates European research projects with other partners, usually fulfilling the role of creating awareness with consumers.