Conference: Europe for mobile Consumers
Publication date: 14 October 2004
Co-ordinated by EuroTest, the AIT & FIA Consumer Protection Programme, 15 partner clubs from 13 EU Member States and one potential future Accession Country (Croatia) will call for a Europe where mobile consumers can travel safely by using quality infrastructure. The conference, which takes place on 9th November (from 15-18h) in the European Parliament, will be chaired by Philip Bradbourn MEP and Jean Meyer, FIA.
Defending the mobile consumer is the EuroTest programme's core objective. It ensures through independent testing that Europe's mobility related infrastructure meets the standards of quality and safety that AIT & FIA partners believe mobile consumers deserve. In the past we have examined Europe's motorway service areas (MSAs), RoRo passenger ferries, major road tunnels, the quality and safety of inter urban high ways and railway stations. Since the programme started in 2000 EuroTest studies results have proved to be of great interest to mobile consumers in Europe.
Key EuroTest objectives include:
- To raise public awareness
- To call for improved quality and safety standards
- To provide mobile consumers with tips and recommendations so that they can safeguard their own mobility
- To stimulate public debate about our EuroTest findings, if necessary call for legislation and encourage operators to raise the quality and standards of their offer.
Acting independently, the EuroTest partners have established a unique position in the field of consumer protection for mobile consumers. Our prime concern is to assure quality, safety and mobility for our members and all mobile European citizens. Our MSA test has shown consumers the difference in quality of services available on Europe's highways. Our Tunnel Tests have made tunnel accidents involving deaths and serious injuries unacceptable in public opinion. Road authorities as well as vehicle manufacturers and drivers have realised that they have an important role to play in the prevention of deaths and serious injuries on Europe's roads.
EuroTest is consumer protection by motoring and touring organisations at its best.
- click here to read more about the conference
- click here to see the conference programme
For further information, please contact:
- Caroline Ofoegbu, EU Affairs Director, Tel 0032-2-28.20.815, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sinziana Radu, Projects and Campaigns Consultant, Tel 0032-2-28.20.816 email@example.com